Wednesday, January 21, 2009


This past weekend I went to the Salt Lake car show with my favorite people in the world, Winters and Hannah. What a coincidence that they are also the only people who read my blog:) It was a freaking awesome time. Don't get me wrong, the cars sucked, and we made a point to take many pictures in front of said crappy vehicles. The best part was the Maui Wowi stand. Now the reason it was so freaking awesome is because we went to the Deseret Industries beforehand to purchase uniforms for the show. I wore a stunning yellow turtleneck with a sweater that had the sleeves cut off along with my beautiful birthday shoes. Hannah found a killer purple sweater as well as some perfectly form-fitting cowboy boots. Also, she found a diabolic bowling ball, not pictured. Matt chose a chic McDonalds sweater vest and a one in a million Rockstar hat. He drew a shirt on her so that she would be more appropriate to go out in public. This experience made me want to dress up like this every day. It was nice to not try and conform to the norms of society. True, we got many, many weird stares from others at the car show, but I didn't even care. It taught me a great lesson, conform to my own norms. Don't be afraid to march against the grain. It's not cool to try and be different simply for the sake of being different, but it is also not cool to try and conform simply for the sake of blending in with the crowd. Be your own person, stand up for what you believe, and in the words Robin Williams as Genie on Aladdin, "Beeeeeee yourself!"

3 comments:

WINTERS said...

We fudgin marched against the grain like those penguins marched for freedom. We are so badass. I think if we wanted to get into kick ass island we could do it in a heartbeat.

Hannah said...

All I have to say is amen. Amen to you and amen to Winters.

SweatyShembach said...

I just got a letter from the mayor of kick ass island, and he wants us to come in and work law enforcement for him. I told him I'd get back to him.