Thursday, January 8, 2009

High Heels



You know, I've noticed an unusual amount of gals with high heels lately. It isn't just the classic variety with the strap, but normal looking, everyday shoes nowadays have heels on them. Some look classy, some do not. But you know what I think every time I see any kind of heel on a girl? High-maintenance. I don't know why, but these heels seem to scream out 'I like to buy shoes', which, in other words, means 'I love to spend money for no good reason'. In my mind, a girl who wears heels is the kind of girl who would spend a thousand bucks on a Gucci purse if her credit card had a high enough limit. This is a girl who spends two hundred dollars on jeans just because they have the right name or brand on the butt. This girl spends an average of ninety two bucks to get her hair cut three quarters of a centimeter. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind some heels on a Sunday to go to church, or an evening that requires formal wear. But why would you risk a broken leg, or worse, just so you can make a fashion statement? This girl needs to get her priorities straight. However, cowboy boots on girls are freaking awesome! Honestly folks, I love those cute little slender shoes that gals wear. That tells me they care about looking good and being fashionable, but they aren't obsessed with it. Give me a pair of Pumas over a pair of stiletto heels any day.

2 comments:

WINTERS said...

What would you say about a pair of high-heel cowboy boots? I know thats gay. High heels are pretty wild they shouldn't be worn all the time. Honestly, put on some basketball shorts and shoes every now and then.

Hannah said...

I agree with you guys. I'll admit, I do have a couple of pairs of heels for church and whatnot, but honestly, it is way too much work to wear heels and try not to die when it is not necessary to do so. Also, cowboy boots are indeed awesome. :)