Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Dating Game


Tonight I went on a double date with a good friend of mine. He had a date, and this girl's best friend was to be mine. This was the second of such date-nights, and I am starting to see a pattern developing. We always spend so much freaking money. We somehow always end up eating at steakhouses, and when I am used to eating home-made sandwiches and ramen noodles, it is somewhat of a shock to get a dinner bill that totals fifty bucks! However, tonight we went to a Tepenyaki joint, and our cook was the man. He made a Star Wars joke that killed me. One of the girls was trying to use chop sticks, but couldn't figure it out, and in a voice like Obi-wan Kenobi, he said, "Use the fork!" (instead of "use the force"). No one else got it. Come on, this is classic Star Wars humor coming from a Japanese guy. Star Wars is an American tradition, get with it people! That is another thing that kind of gets on my nerve. I'd love to talk to my date, but she doesn't hear half of what I say because she is constantly having a whispered conversation with her friend, a conversation only the two of them are invited to. Then we go and drop another thirty bucks on some activity after dinner, so by the end of the night I am out eighty bucks, and don't even get a kiss on the cheek for my efforts. What the eff?! This dating game is going to break me in the end. What bugs me the most is I will never get past a hug at the door with this girl. If I'm going to be droppin' eighty bones on a lady, she better be plannin' on buying a wedding dress and marryin' a brother. I don't wanna go broke buying some other dude's future wife dinner. Shit.

5 comments:

WINTERS said...

Damn her! All you would need to do is take me to the fudgin burger king and then buy a carton of eggs and throw them at passing douchebag couples who go on those expensive dates and I would kiss you.

WINTERS said...

P.s.
I wish I could find a girl as Badass as you or I.

Hannah said...

80 dollars?!? Holy fudgin' heck. I'm sorry.

The Trythalls said...

That sucks big time, but I know what you mean about the awsome cooks at Tepenyaki's. I don't think Blake enjoyed him too much he split a bunch of sauce on him. Nice blog I love it!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Nick! Where have you been all y life? I love this post. Too funny. And true.