Saturday, November 3, 2007

Utah Women's Basketball

Here I sit, waiting for the game to start. I can't help but yawn, as I was here late last night and early this morning. I showed up a little over an hour before the game was scheduled to start. The life of a women's basketball manager is not a glamorous one. Little thanks and lots of rebuke are in store when one dabbles in a profession like this. "I get no respect." You got that one right, Rodney.
Thousands of seats remain empty. I could yell to my fellow manager down on the floor and he would have no problem hearing me. He looks almost as excited as I am. At least I have access to the internet. . .
The games will start momentarily, thank the heavens, I will now have something to occupy my attention. Two hours of not having to worry about getting chewed out for something that is not my fault. Two, short, wonderful hours. The only thing better would be, let's see, to not be here at all?

No comments: