Thursday, May 21, 2009

Veterans of Foreign Affairs



I have decided to continue my blogging efforts in order to document my summer as a Washington D.C. intern at the Veterans of Foreign Wars. This place is legit. I was worried that it would be a sketchy building in the middle of the ghetto, but the building is quite nice and it is located right accross from the Hart Senate Building on Capitol Hill. My first few days as an intern were pretty dull. The guy I am going to be working with is on vacation for a week, so they stuck me with the Associate Director, who doesn't know what to do with me because he's got enough on his own plate to worry about. So I am brushed aside and given a book on the history of the VFW to read and left to myself. Well, that was super boring, but luckily a few days later, they got my permanent residence set up. I have my own office, which is awesome, and a computer to mess around on when I don't have anything to do. Today my supervisor had to go to Annapolis for the day and left me a small task to accomplish. Well I finished all I was supposed to do in the morning, so I have been sitting around reading my history book and dinking around on the computer for the past three hours. One more to go! This summer should be interesting. Hopefully I'll be wrinting soon about trips to New York, Boston, and Philly. Peace!

4 comments:

Sarah M said...

Dear Pants: I am happy to have found your blog. I am sad that we are on different sides of the continent, yet again.

WINTERS said...

Bitchin!

The Trythalls said...

Wow! Nick I am totally jealous and I can't wait to hear about more adventures.

Hannah said...

Sounds awesome! Let me know when you're going to boston, I can tell you some neat places to visit :)