Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Few Thoughts

Here I am, once again, sitting in the Huntsman Center waiting for another women's basketball game to start. How many of these are there? I lost count. What I am trying to get at is that this place seems to release my most random thoughts into the atmosphere. One of the warmup songs was Brittney Spears. How screwed up is she? Truth be told, she is a wacko, but it didn't help that she was driven to insanity by her fans as well as every member of the media. When her stories reach and claim a whole segment on CNN, you know that things have gotten out of hand. What's more, the paparazzi isn't satisfied with how much of a wreck her life is. They will not be happy until she has killed herself. Heck, I just looked the word 'paparazzi' up on google and a picture of Brittney popped up on the screen. Also, school has pissed me off lately, with the lengthy chapter reading assignments. Don't people get it, no one can concentrate on fifty pages worth of information that must be read each night. Women's basketball, why did I agree to take this job for another year? How is Novak Djokavic feeling fine to play in the Australian Open, but too sick to take part in Davis Cup? Why am I so picky when it comes to girls when I am the definition of a nerd (Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings are my favorite books)? Why did Dumbledore have to die? Why didn't Gandalf have to die? Why can't I seem to find a decent apartment to live in that doesn't smell weird and have crazies living in the floor above? And if, pray tell, global warming is our environment's biggest threat, why the devil won't it stop snowing?! This is just a small sample of the things that run through my head in the minutes preceding one of the women's basketball games.

2 comments:

croonie said...

you bring up a lot of good points. I can get behind that.

SweatyShembach said...

You mean you can get behind the fact that I am a nerd? Yeah, most people can.